What's the secret to selecting the right amount of insurance coverage? Simple - the more information you provide, the easier Shoff Darby can create a homeowner policy that's right for you.
Connecticut Homeowners Insurance from Shoff Darby is here to protect you
Consider these scenarios:
- If your home was destroyed by fire or damaged by a natural disaster, you'd need money to repair or replace it.
- If a guest in your home is injured, liability protection and medical coverage help pay expenses.
- If you are a victim of theft and vandalism, insurance can reimburse you for your loss or pay for repairs.
- If you are still paying for your home, your lender will require insurance.
The amount you pay for your homeowners insurance depends on many factors. Think of your personal housing situation, and the assets you want to protect.
Are you a home or condo owner, a renter, or a landlord?
As a home or condo owner, whether you live in Norwalk or elsewhere, you want to make sure you're protecting your home, your possessions, and yourself, family and guests in the event of damage or injury. Renters will want to protect their possessions, which will not be covered by a landlord. And landlords want to protect their properties, while protecting themselves from liability.
Note: Liability coverage is not included in a standard landlord policy, but is available as an add-on coverage.
Do you have collections of art or other valuables?
Your homeowners insurance generally covers the contents of your house. However, there are often limits on items like jewelry, paintings, or other collectibles. Adding a scheduled personal property endorsement can provide coverage for your special belongings, with no deductible. Creating an inventory of your home or property's contents is a good idea.
Are you concerned about out-of-pocket expenses if your home or property becomes unlivable?
You may find yourself with extra, unforeseen expenses, for repairs, replacements, or living costs. Your policy can help cover those.
Ask Shoff Darby
We can help you find homeowners, renters, condo, or landlord insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to discuss with a Shoff Darby agent:
- How much will it cost to rebuild my house and replace my belongings if they are damaged or destroyed?
- Can you talk me through my home's features and the things I own, so I can make an informed decision about coverage?
- Are discounts available to me if I carry multiple policies, or have a security system and fire resistance?
For more details, give us a call at 203-354-6200 or email us at info [at] shoffdarby [dot] com.