Complete Trust Since 1887
488 Main Avenue, 3rd FloorHome page
Norwalk, CT 06851
Contact an insurance expert at Shoff Darby Insurance Agency today to get a free and competitive boat insurance quote, or get a boat insurance quote online right now.
Connecticut Boat Insurance
Helpful Boat Resources
Bookmark our mobile website on your phone for quick & easy access to important claims and accident info. learn more »
Boat Insurance Options
Shoff Darby Insurance Agency can help make your time on the water relaxed and worry-free! We offer comprehensive boat insurance options that protect you, your friends and family, your watercraft and your boating equipment. The average boat costs less than a dollar a day to insure. You’ll enjoy being on the water even more when you aren't worried about your safety, the safety of your passengers, or your investment.
Full Coverage policies generally include:
- Navigational Area - Know where you are covered in the water. The insurance companies that we represent can provide policies to cover you up to 75 miles from the U.S. coastline; into Canadian coastal or inland waters; and into the Pacific coastal waters of Mexico. In California, Florida and Oregon, additional coverage area can be purchased. Shoff Darby Insurance Agency offers boat insurance coverage through a variety of insurance companies which let us find the right rate for your needs.
- Agreed Value Coverage - Watercrafts depreciate just like automobiles. Actual cash value policies can make it difficult to replace a boat that’s been stolen or destroyed. This means that if your boat is a total loss you will get the value you insured it for, minus any deductible.
- Liability - Like auto insurance, personal liability coverage provides coverage to other boaters and boat owners in the event you are at-fault for an accident on the water. This coverage will pay to repair or replace the property of someone else as well as for their medical care, lost wages and other costs incurred as a result of a boating accident for which you are at-fault.
- Medical Payments - Medical payments coverage will pay for the cost of needed care that is the result of a boating accident. This coverage is available from $500 to $10,000 and covers you, your passengers, and even your water skiers/tubers, regardless of who is at-fault.
- Physical Damage Coverage - Physical damage coverage pays for the cost to repair or replace your watercraft, its motor, any permanently attached equipment, and your trailer, if it is stolen or damaged.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Watercraft Bodily Injury - Since boat insurance is not always mandatory, many boaters choose not to get insurance. If you are hit by an uninsured or underinsured boater and are injured, this coverage pays for medical treatment, lost wages, and other costs associated with the accident.
- Fuel Spill Liability and Wreckage Removal - Should your boat sink or be seriously damaged, there is a chance that it could leak oil or fuel into the water. As the boat's owner you are required by law to have this cleaned up, which can be time consuming and expensive.
- Personal Effects - Your boat insurance policy can provide coverage for many personal effects, including clothing, jewelry, cell phones, scuba/snorkeling and other sporting equipment, and fishing equipment. Personal effects coverage does not include jewelry, watches or furs. Limits vary by state - contact us for more information.
- Unattached Equipment Coverage - This pays to repair or replace equipment that isn’t permanently attached to your boat or personal watercraft, but is designed for use primarily on a boat. This includes items like lifesaving equipment, water skis, anchors, oars, fire extinguishers, tarps, etc.
- Emergency Assistance - The Emergency Assistance Package provides coverage for towing, labor and delivery of gas, oil or loaned battery if the watercraft is disabled while on the water.
© 2016 Shoff Darby Companies, Incorporated
Employee Email / Employee Access